Project Plan and Methodology | Project Management TechniquesDecember 19, 2020
Use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Infrastructure DeliveryDecember 19, 2020
The study of mediation in Qatar involves employing a questionnaire survey to collect valuable data and gauge public sentiments. This survey helps us understand what people think and how they feel about mediation in Qatar.
The following questionnaire has been developed as a part of the data analysis strategy for the research designed to analyse the use and impact of mediation within Qatar. The answers will help in looking into a cross-jurisdictional approach applicable to the current research and contextualise the use of mediation as an alternative to dispute resolution in Qatar.
Name: __________________________ Occupation: _____________________
Department: _____________________ Specialization: ___________________
- Mediation and economic development are interrelated. How do you think this has panned out within Qatar on a regional scale as well as specifically within the construction industry inside Qatar?
- Qatar has developed itself to become an international mediator. In your opinion, what role has Qatar played during the Arab Spring?
- There has been observed a disconnection between the leadership intent in Qatar and the capability of the state in a bureaucratic and diplomatic capacity. How has this impacted the role of Qatar as an international mediator?
- How has Qatar’s comparative advantage helped in shaping its role as the international mediator?
- Regional diplomacy and mediation have strengthened the role of Qatar internationally as well as throughout the Arab region. In your opinion, how would you rate, on a scale of one to five, the role that regional diplomacy has played in Qatar post the Arab Spring? Please give reasons for your answer.
- Qatar’s relationship with the neighbouring Gulf countries has sufficiently deteriorated in the last few years. What role has this played in Qatar with regard to an international mediator?
- Islamic Law, being the primary source of law in Qatar, has played a pivotal role in defining the role of Qatar as a mediator. In your opinion, is this impact negative or positive? Please expand on your reasons for the answer.
- How has the role of Islamic political forces impacted the part of Qatar as a mediator?
- Qatar has opted for alternate dispute resolution as a way of specialisation coupled with Shariah law principles. However, Islamic law significantly impacts the process of dispute resolution. How would you describe the impact of Islamic law on dispute resolution?
- Given the international reputation that has been achieved by Qatar over the years, what are the positive aspects that come from this role to Qatar. Please describe in terms of the economy, society and development.
- Given the international reputation that has been achieved by Qatar over the years, what are the negative aspects that come from this role to Qatar. Please describe in terms of the economy, society and development.
- Qatar has recently focused on single-issued mediation negotiations. How has this impacted mediation within the construction industry in Qatar?
- In your opinion, will the backroom diplomacy policy help in strengthening Qatar?
- In your opinion, what are the five inherent steps or approaches that Qatar can adopt to renew its reputation as the international mediator within the region and inside Qatar?
- In order to help regain the reputation as a mediator and the limited capacity for institutionalism, it is imperative for Qatar to take a step back and allow the rest of the Arab countries to take the lead. How will this impact Qatar in its current form?
Get 3+ Free Dissertation Topics within 24 hours?